Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Purely updatical



Picture from day 2

I'm continuing to love my time in Bellingham. I got a job as a part-time nanny for now and I'm loving the family I work for. Four adorable, friendly, funny little boys and super friendly parents. I pretty much am serving as part-time mom- doing lots of laundry, dishes, and lunch cooking. The hours and pay are great, but unfortunately I still could really use either another part-time job or a switch to a full. I am already battling feelings of guilt about potentially having to leave this job, but I guess when it comes down to survival I will have to go with what is working out best for me.

One of the perks of my job- Rudy. We have become best friends (Pic. day 4)

With the beginning of the new year comes my regular uptake of my Bloomsday training regime. Fourth year as my exercise motivator! Luckily, I feel that Bellingham is the ultimate place to be a runner (which I purely pose as). Everyday it's like, should I go run on the boardwalk? Or on the interurban trail? Or around this lake? Or the other lake? Or this amazing mountain? or that enormous park? There are just beautiful and diverse locations to go in every direction. Thanks to my obsessive Criminal Minds watching I have begun to carry maize with me, which I should probably be thankful for because I used to be far too carefree in my lifestyle. However, in general I have turned into a paranoid freak. I mean I hate answering our front door because I have am just waiting for a crazy murder to pick me at random to be his next kill. Criminal Minds may have to go on haitus for me to get back to normal. Which is hard because there are usually two Criminal Minds marathons going on in any given night. What else could be as deserving of my time?
Anyways, today I went to Whatcom Falls Park for my run and it was absolutely breathtaking. I felt like I was back in the jungle around Victoria Falls. Such lush vegetation with waterfalls and mossy bridges popping up at every turn. There were so many forks leading off from my chosen trail and I am overwhelmed with the exploring possibilities. I especially can't wait to go back with my camera so that I can show how I am not exaggerating. And speaking of pictures... my ambitious goal of taking a picture everyday is kind of working out-in that I am taking a picture everyday- but I realized that making a blog for a picture everyday is extremely unrealistic for me and also kind of stupid because, I think we are all pretty aware that my life really isn't that interesting. So I will continue to post my daily picture, no matter how lame they are (which they are right now, but I think they will potentially get better), but will only write when I have the time.

My nighttime nook (Loving this Hemingway)- Pic day 3

2 comments:

Worthy37 said...

maize like the indian corn?

Will said...

lol u commented on your own post