Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Monday!

Last night the boo and I went to our company party that took place at Lunchbox Laboratory.  Yes we work at the same place....though we've never worked at the same time, so it works out.

Anyways, one reason why this event is noteworthy--besides all the free stuff and good times that were had--is that I took the Seattle bus for the first time to get there! I get a free bus pass with my tuition...er, well it's not really free, but its a required fee, so I just pretend its free... but I live pretty much in walking distance of everything I need in my life (school, work, Trader Joes) so I never use it. And then William drives me to Target of course, so I've just been waiting for the perfect opportunity to try out the bus. Obviously I would never have taken a night time bus to downtown Seattle without Will as my protector, but since it would mean no driving around trying to find parking, he was game for the bus plan, which worked out great.  I, being the journalist that I am, asked all the hard, piercing questions like "Do you think the seats located in the accordion connecting part of the long bus are the most dangerous to be sitting in if the bus gets in an accident?" and "How will we know when to get off?"  Luckily, Will knew where to get off, and how to get back home after the night was over, so all the bus riding disasters that you could think of, and that would probably make this blog more interesting, did not happen.

And in case you were wondering, the party was almost as cool as the bus!  They had a photo booth that not only put the pictures online for you to download, but also printed you out beautiful, glossy hard copies right on the spot.





I promise there were more people at this party, and that we actually spoke with them, and did not just hang out by ourselves.


So for some reason I woke up at 6:30 this morning (the reason being my cats loooove to schedule romping time at 6:30 in the morning), but I don't think most of my co-workers will be rising as early (it was an open bar situation).  Luckily, our work scheduled a 10am CLEANING PARTY to make sure that everyone doesn't waste their day away.  How nice of them right? So I have that to look forward to in a few hours, and then only one class on Mondays  (statistics! for 3 hours! I know, it's like 3 parties in 24 hours).  Anyways, I'm feeling like it's going to be a great week. I'm off to have some raisin bran. :)




2 comments:

Gina said...

Fyi you can actually return the bus pass sticker and get a refund. But it has to stay on the page it came on

Cassy said...

It's not a sticker anymore, it's a built in chip on your card, and there is literally no way to get out of it.