Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Autumn is a second spring, where every leaf is a flower

The quote that titles this blog is by Albert Camus, and it's been one of my favorites for years. It even pushes Camus into the genius category for me, over his other category that I think of him in, which is : weirdo.  For truly, as I have said over and over in my past few blog posts, I love Autumn. I also have a whole bushel of awesome Autumn quotes that I collected mostly in a semester when I took a class about poetry. I may randomly throw them into parts of this post...

No Spring nor Summer beauty hath such grace, as I have seen in one Autumnal face -John Donne
 (I swear he is the answer to like two questions on Jeopardy every night, so remember him!)


...so anyways, Fall, I love it, and it's November (Don't worry, you still have two weeks where it will be socially acceptable to date your checks for October) , so it's not sticking around for much longer.  Luckily, it stays beautiful longer in Seattle than most places. My trip to the arboretum today is proof.  (And to give credit where credit is due, almost all of these beautiful pictures were taken by William. I like to think I've taught him well.)











Stunning colors, no? 

In other news, this guy (I've come to affectionally call him "Spiderman") has made a home on the outside of my kitchen window. 

He is bothering me less and less everyday. And sometimes he eats big bugs in front of me, which is gross, but also really cool. As long as he doesn't decide to move inside, we can remain acquaintances . However, if he does move inside, I think I may have to move, because I don't think I could even have the courage to squish him.  After I turned around from taking his picture however, I was moved about how perfect this scene was. Sometimes the smallest things, like a napping cat, relaxing boyfriend, and light streaming through the window is enough to remind me that I have a very beautiful life. 

So this may be my last post about Autumn this year, but never fear.  There is only one thing in this world I love more than Fall, which is, of course, CHRISTMAS.  I have truly been listening to Christmas music non-stop for the past two days (If you don't believe me, ask my already very annoyed boyfriend). And tonight, I worked on my Christmas light project, with  massive help from the kitties of course! Get ready for some very pre-mature Christmas posts! 



I agree kitties, lights are beautiful and maybe even a little confusing!



Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile
-William Cullen Bryant

No comments: