Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Years everybody! I’m only what, 10 days late in the sentiment? However, I have a great excuse.  Not only have I been busy during my first week back at school, but I also came home from my winter break to find my internet no longer working.  Not having the web almost killed me, and made simple tasks like getting directions, finding out movie times, and settling random trivia fact fights with William extremely difficult.  However, my productivity has been off the charts without the internet constantly providing me useless distractions from real life. My apartment is cleaner, my homework was not procrastinated, and I read two 1,000 page books in a week. Almost enough to convince me to never have internet again…
Yet here I am, internet slave once more.

But it’s new year resolution time, and so obviously this year I resolve to cut down my daily internet time to at most, an hour a day. That may still seem like a lot to some of you, but as a graduate student that is on the computer almost all day, and as a recent Pinterest member, an hour is chump change.

What are my other resolutions you ask? I know, you probably didn’t ask, but I’m going to tell you anyways!

-Run at least four times a week. Try to run at least 20 miles a week, and run a 10k race in 45 minutes or less before the year is over.
-Say no to pizza, onion rings, and ice cream, my personal evil trifecta.
-Bring my camera EVERYWHERE.
-Get a 4.0 every quarter.
-Carve out more time for friendships during the week.  
-Write more letters, make more phone calls, and return people’s text messages (I know a lot of people in my life who will appreciate that one).
-Be a big saver! Eat out only on special occasions, and (the tough one) resist clothing shopping.
-Wear every item in my closet once.
-Clean the kitchen every night before I go to bed.
-Seize service opportunities.  Donate blood every 8 weeks. Get certified to volunteer at the Experimental Education Unit.
-Less computer time wasting, more daily news reading
-Become strong and flexible enough to do this (I just started a hot yoga package so I'm feeling inspired):

-Try a new recipe once a week
-Continue adventuring whenever possible! Enjoy the outdoors every single day!
-Put others before myself, have a good attitude, smile, relax, and don’t sweat the small stuff!




New Year's day walk at Green Lake


3 comments:

Halfords said...

Now I can leave a comment! Yeah!! Love your resolutions. It was great to see you over the break!!

Allison said...

Worthy Goals! Keep up the good work! Momma so proud!

Sydney said...

Love your goals! Especially the yoga ones. You know I'm going to be waiting for pictures of you in each of those positions.