Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sail away

Aw graduate school, you really get in the way of my blogging plans.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm being a little silly doing this blog, what with my a) lack of fans (besides you Mom!) and b) my lack of time.  Particularly this week I had a lot of pictures and things to blog about but absolutely no time to do so.  However, I'm currently reading this book, "In the Garden of Beasts" about an American ambassador and his family living in Germany right before the beginning of WWII.  I'm not usually a big non-fiction fan, but this book is ridiculously interesting. Mostly because it largely relies on excerpts from everyone's diaries to tell the story, and EVERYONE, male and female, young and old, all kept diaries. I don't think people really keep diaries anymore (besides you Mom!), and if I learned anything from reading this book (You know beside the background politics leading up to WWII, and a more detailed history of Berlin, and that Goebbels, despite being evil was a pretty charming dude, and that EVERYONE used to be terribly bigoted...) it would be that things in your life may seem insignificant, but they could turn out to be a big BIG deal that millions of people are going to be interested in later. Or more realistically for me, maybe one day I will have children who will like to look at this blog and make fun of my terrible outfits. Who knows. 
So anyways, the blog is staying, and to diverge away from my snooze-ville history lesson, let's talk about my super exciting life. Let's see, last week I had ONE day of school, thanks to Snowmaggedon 2012. Then in one night of rain the snow was gone, and life has returned to the crazy and rainy usual. On Monday however, the sun came out and William's mother and aunt came up to Seattle for a doctor's appointment. While Will and I waited for them, we strolled around the Lake Union Marina and made lots of immature jokes about dingys and big boats. See? What would I do without this blog to remember these important moments?
SCORPIUS

I really struggle with posing for pictures...obviously





Here's one for the future posterity to really make fun of:



5 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm a fan!!! I'm glad you're still gonna be posting :-)

Halfords said...

I always read! Keep blogging!

Sydney said...

I love reading your blog. And since I'm guilty of the same fashion trends I won't ever make fun of your outfits. Keep them coming!

Cassandra Worthington said...

Oh you ladies are so kind. I really was not that close to quitting my blog because I do enjoy doing it, even if it was all just for me (and my mom). So glad that I have good friends to read it :)

Momma said...

You are delightful in every sense darling daughter! Just remember it takes a couple of generations to pass before you become fascinating. Case in point-have you ever read any of my journals?