Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Loverly

Boy my blog posts are just getting fewer and farther between, huh?  This is a combination on lack of time and lack of things to post about.  Guess what everyone, I've been doing a lot of homework and babysitting! Zzzzzz. On the crazy side of things, I have an uber-long spring break coming up and I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself.  Well, actually I have many organizational projects planned...Is it normal to have six "everything drawers"? Cuz' that's my reality.
However, last week was Valentine's Day, and as always, the bf did not fail.  I came home to two (two!?!) bouquets of flowers, a beautiful homemade card, and perhaps the best gift of all...a basket of cadbury eggs (my all time favorite candy that is, thankfully, only around in the Spring), all individually wrapped in Valentine colors with little love notes on each one.  Yup, it's time to swoon ladies!

 I did my part by wearing my finest Valentine's day outfit for William of course, including my dashing red pea coat and my new most favorite shoes of all time, these leopard print flats.  I really don't think I've taken them off in the past two weeks.
 After William got done with his night class, he came over and experienced my delicious carrot ginger soup, some spinach, pecan, and strawberry salad, and of course, BREAD. Soup and salad--perhaps my only culinary talents.
Will did his part with the meal by baking us this enormous slab of salmon, and giant bushel of asparagus.  Needless to say, we did not end up eating the cheesecake we bought for dessert. We were FULL.

 In case you were wondering, of course I made William a card too! We are the homemade card CHAMPS! Mine was a storm trooper with the inside caption "You are the droid I'm looking for." Because I think we all know it wouldn't truly be a romantic holiday without some Star Wars references. P.S. Guess what is pretty difficult to draw? A storm trooper. 
Last, but certainly not least, William got me a framed picture of "The Kiss," one of my favorite paintings by one of my favorite artists, Gustav Klimt.  I can't wait to hang it on my wall and stare at it obsessively all day! Isn't it beautiful?

So besides William getting major boyfriend points on Valentine's Day, not much else is new. Like I said, lots of homework and babysitting! I did dye my hair pretty dark yesterday (pictures to come!), and also, I'm finding myself continously ravenous these days.  I'm not even running that much yet, but at any given point of my day the chances are pretty high that I'm craving a large pepperoni pizza to eat all by myself.  Oh yeah...guess who lives above a pizza shop and has a bathroom (I know, it's gross) that always smells like pizza? THIS GIRL.

To close, some final thoughts:

Kitties love flowers! Especially for snacking!
This is why I stick with the pizza-smell infused apartment.
 
 My bulb has blossomed! It's a nice little reminder that Spring is just around the corner! You know what that means! Everyone should start buying me birthday presents Depressing winter days are about to be an un-fond memory!


Also, could not end without saying Happy Birthday to my beautiful little sister Madison! She's 20 today and I think that means I need to go out and buy some wrinkle cream for myself.  I love you Maddy!
 
We've barely aged a day!

2 comments:

Sydney said...

I am anxiously awaiting the day when William will invite me over some of his delicious eats. Wow that looks tasty! Also, I laughed so hard at the droid joke and vday card you made - way to go the extra mile! I'm glad William appreciates you in a way you deserve. Also, Happy Bday Madison!

Momma said...

Awww...What a lucky girl you are, William is a gem! All the pictures are marvelous but of course my favorites are the two of you girls together. Such diamonds, such jewels. (Name that movie)
I couldn't quite appreciate the art piece because I kept wondering if it was on it's side. Showing my ignorance for modern art I suppose!