Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break Pt. 3: Wrapping it up

Ah man, if it took me this long to get to my final spring break post, I'm not sure how long it's going to take me to get to any other posts this entire quarter.  This first week of school has been quite work-full (which I'm not complaining about cuz' this lady needs the green stuff!), with the un-working times being taken up by friend fraternizing, running, and occasionally when I remember to prioritize it, homework. BAH, schooooool....whyyyyyyyyyy???? This is what I say every morning when I wake up, as well as about four more times throughout the day.  I'm trying to stay positive though.  I mean, it is Spring, it is majorly flowery and green out there, and we're 3 months away from bless-ed summer time. I can do this. 

So yes, spring break wrap-up.  After the wedding Will, Rach, and I went home and sat like this for pretty much the next 12 hours. We were all very tired from the festivities.


The very next morning Will and I said our tearful goodbyes and took off for the 12 hour drive back to Yakima to visit with his family.  Not only did we get to enjoy the 5-star accommodations of the Barany residence, but we also got to hang out with several Yakima friends, including my lovely bestest friend forever-for-life (bfffl, the super darling title we gave ourselves 10 years ago), Nicole, and her boyfriend Kyle. What do best friends do when they are reunited after months of separation? Why, ghetto bowling of course!! 
 To be honest, I'm terrible at bowling.  With Nicole being so small and not-into wearing bowling shoes, I was pretty positive that I could at least beat her, but yeah...no, she's actually pretty good.


 Here is Kyle trying to give Nicole coaching tips.  Nice try Kyle!

Ahh, I just like her so much!


On our way out of Yakima, I forced Will to stop so that I could get the ultimate Yakima product, a 7-11 slurpee.  Yes, I know you can get slurpees in other locales, but for some reason, Yakima is really the only place that I crave them.  I think you would call this classical conditioning from a much too sugar-infused high school experience. 
Mmmm, frozen sugar. 

No comments: