Friday, June 15, 2012

Robbie

Today is Robbie's memorial.

I know that nothing I could write would be proficient in expressing the sadness of Robbie's passing, nor can I even begin to tell how much he is missed, how the past few weeks have been, and how much love and sorrow I feel for the Barany family. Many beautiful sentiments have been said and written by Will and his family, which expresses the fullness of the situation so much better than I ever could.  His obituary is lovely and heartbreaking, which we you can read here.

 Before the day begins, I would just like to say...
Robbie, I am sure you already know how much you are missed. How much we wouldn't give to see your smile and hear your voice one more time.  You have been my friend for so many years, and I was so happy to start to see you as my brother. You were a man of  many amazing talents--talents that the rest of us could only ever dream of. It is so hard to think of the rest of my life, and William's life, without you in it. I don't think I'll ever be able to see otter pops, Emma Watson, or succulents, without thinking of you.  It's hard to realize that the missing, and wishing you were here, is never going to go away. I have so many fond memories of our times together, from going out to lunch in high school, to palling around together that summer we were all in Bellingham. It hurts my heart and makes me lose my breath when I think about how our time to make memories together is over. 
 However, I know that you will be with us, watching over us as we struggle onward, learning how to live in a world without you.  Through all the sadness, I also have felt moments of peace. When I'm on a beautiful run, or listening to the wind rustle through the giant trees at your house, I feel very comforted knowing that you are so happy and are looking down with care on all the people that love and miss you so. I will carry you in my heart forever, and never forget your quick wit and easy smile. Today we will honor your extraordinary life, and celebrate the joy you brought to so many people.  You are missed Robbie, and you are loved.



Robbie's wisteria

2 comments:

Sydney said...

I have been thinking so much about you and William's family. I read Robbie's obituary in the paper and could just feel how loved he was by everybody who knew him. I can't imagine how sad you must feel and I'm terribly sorry you are going through this. I am grateful that you have such a good support system in William, his family, and your family. I am thinking and praying for all of you. Love you!

Allison Dunlap said...

Dearest Cassy, My deepest sympathy goes out to you and William. Thank you for including his obituary, it helped me see what a remarkable young man he was and how much he was loved by you and his family. Knowing that a soul lives on after this life and that we will have opportunities to be together again gives great comfort in the cases of untimely death. And it teaches those of us that remain to live each day as if it were our last and to express love fully and deeply.
I love you sweet Cassy!
Momma