It's hard to blog during school. Really, it's hard to do anything BUT school during school--except maybe work. I've even stopped playing Words With Friends with my mom (Sorry Mom! I love you!). The thing about blogging during school is I don't have much to blog about. Everyday is the same, adventures and outings are kept at an unfortunate minimum. However, now that I've figured out my routine and kicked myself back into high-school gear, I'm enjoying the busy, thrumming, sometimes exhausting pace of my days. Five things I've loved this week are
1. Seattle being just gaww-geous. It's so gloomy and rainy, but also green, lush, and full of vibrant colors. It doesn't matter where I am--Driving on the freeway, taking a walk in my neighborhood, going for a run around Greenlake, I am constantly gasping about how lovely everything is.
2. On a related-note--- the return of rain. Oh my gosh, what cozy wonderfulness. Plus--it's fabulous boots time!
3. Getting to be with kids all the time. I feel like I'm living in a real-life "Kids Say the Darndest' Things" episode. Little kids are so hilarious--sometimes inappropriately or inadvertently so, and even though I know I should be the exemplary adult, I usually cannot hold back my laughter.
4. I mostly stay away from regular book reading during the middle of a quarter--it's just too hard to juggle and prioritize. However, when the book "Wild--From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail" by Cheryl Strayed came up on my queue, I knew I had to make time to read it. Read it isn't even the right term--I've devoured it. You know a book is good when you think about how badly you want to get home to it all day (You've been replaced Will!).
5. Cozy meals, morning runs, butternut squash, apple and nut salads, that moment of bliss when I finally get to climb into bed, my long walk to and from school with just myself and my "Artist of the Day," how much I love many people in my cohort at school, my snuggly kitties, and of course, that first hug from Will after a long day. I literally have started to run to him and jump into his arms--kind of as a joke, but also because hey, I miss him. Did I mention that I'm excited to marry that guy? Cause I am VERY EXCITED TO MARRY THAT GUY!!
So obviously number five was a long list of things--but the point is--Fall is so lovely. I've actually got some plans this weekend so if I stay on top of my game, I might post about them soon! Autumn must be celebrated to the fullest! And now I'm off to read...